Team Rebel's Music

Friday 21 August 2015

Autism and Marina And The Diamonds

Hey. c: Bella here. x-o I thought I'd make my second post lest hacker-y~

So I've been listening to The Family Jewels by Marina And The Diamonds for the last hour and I'm loving her more and more each time. (': I love all her songs on the album, mainly Girls, Obsessions and Are You Satisfied. ;D 
Obsessions is an absolutely amazing song.. (: 
I wanted to talk a bit about autism though. I don't know why, this is a hackers blog. 
This is Google's definition of autism:

  1. a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by great difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts.

WTH?? I have autism, I can talk. It doesn't ''stop me from communicating and forming relationships''. I'm not very social, but teenagers aren't really social anyway? I wanted to explain autism, because it is NOT a disability. I've changed my mind about my future job... I would actually like to study autism and prove stupid non-autistic scientists wrong. 

HAVING AUTISM DOES NOT MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE STEVEN HAWKING. 

Autism means I'm sensitive to noise. I used to cry a lot about it. At 1am I'd hear my Mom laughing loudly. So she bought me some ear defenders and these little blue squashy things (cries at explanation) to put in my ears. It's a lot better now..

I don't have many friends. But I did have one friend in pre-school, called Sophie. I won't meet her for another whole year, I haven't seen her since I was 6 years old. Recently I found out she was diagnosed with the same autism as me, and I nearly cried because we were really good friends. Best friends. It's amazing. She's obsessed with Cheryl Cole right now, and I'm trying to get into her music so I can talk about her with her next year... I don't know. I just want to point out that autism does not make you stupid.. ;-;

Mkay goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment